Thursday, June 15, 2017

Topping Off Nature Week!

As children observe, reflect, play, and share nature's patterns and rhythms, they are also participating in a process that promotes scientific and ecological awareness, problem solving and creativity. I like to think that play is the "work" of children. We know that play is an essential part of normal childhood development. Our children have had a fabulous week learning and playing with/in nature.

I like to paint with mud! I also got to pick my own leafs for my "nature" art.

Did you know we can play tic tac toe on a log with rocks!
Nature walks are so much fun! We like to feel the grass and dirt!
We love being outside and going on nature walks.
This is where a bird lives.
This leaf is so soft!
What is nature?
Don't worry it's not a real snake!
There are all kinds of different bugs that like our nature log as much as we do.